Sunday, January 4, 2009

Edible Arrangements


I am so sick of seeing the word 'simply' involved in advertising. Simply organic, simply this or simply that. My heart sinks when I see yet another product described as simply....whatever! The worst,worst one is Marks and Spencer's 'Simply Food'. Simply Food? It's simple. I was simply eating a multigrain cracker the other day when I spotted this on the packaging. "We invite you to experiment with our products. These original tastes are perfect for a variety of occasions, from informal snacking to hosting guests around a dinner table." Who the hell came up with informal snacking? What a great idea? To snack informally! Why didn't I think of that? I wish you all a glorious year of informal snacking. It's so simple. And don't get me started on edible arrangements grrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. I was taking a shower at my sister Angie's house and what did I see on the shelf? Some lotion called Simply Lavender. Or in French, Simplement Lavande" So the French are at it too, oh God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I've just seen a blog called Simply Me.

    ReplyDelete