Monday, February 2, 2009

Fame constantly eludes me...

I was asked to sing backing vocals on two tracks on this album in 1983. I was to go to the Manor recording studios somewhere in Oxfordshire I think it was. I went with my boyfriend Gabriel and we stayed there in a gorgeous room, eating gorgeous food and swimming in the pool. In the studio I had to sing the vocals over and over it seemed to go on forever. At last the producer seemed to be happy so with that we left. After those two days at the Manor it never occurred to me to buy the album or ask for a copy of it. So I never saw or hear of it again. Until today. I marvel at myself.

26 for sale in the Discogs Marketplace


Sort releases by: Title, Format, Label, ↑ Year

Releases:
It's A Fine Day (7", Single)
Cherry Red 1983
Jane And Barton (LP)
Cherry Red 1983
Lovely And Chicken (12")
Wooden Records 1989
It's A Fine Day (12")
Cherry Red 1992
It's A Fine Day (CD, Maxi)
Cherry Red 1993
Appears On:
Working With Fire And Steel (Possible Pop Songs Volume Two) (LP, Album)
Virgin 1983
Working With Fire And Steel (Possible Pop Songs Volume Two) (CD, Album)
Virgin Records (Benelux), Virgin 1984
Working With Fire And Steel (Possible Pop Songs Volume Two) (CD, Album)
Virgin, Virgin 1984
Tracks Appear On:
The Eyes of Barbara Steele (12")It's A Fine DayCherry Red 1983
And Suddenly It's Evening (LP)It's A Fine DayVap Inc. 1986
And Suddenly It's Evening (CD, Album)It's A Fine DayVap Inc. 1986
Edward Not Edward (LP)I Slap My BellyWooden Records 1989
Ambition - The Cherry Red Story Volume 1 (CD)It's A Fine DayCherry Red 1991
The Indie Scene 83 (CD)It's A Fine DayConnoisseur Collection 1992
New Wave Soft Class-X 1 (CD, Comp)It's A Fine DayAntler-Subway 1993
Red Heaven (CD, Comp)It's A Fine DayCherry Red 1995
Ambition - The History Of Cherry Red Records Volumes 1 & 2 (2xCD, Comp, Album)It's A Fine DayCherry Red 1997
Pillows & Prayers Volumes 1 & 2 (Cherry Red 1982-1984) (2xCD)It's A Fine DayCherry Red 2000
Generation 80's: Classics From The 80's Alternative Scene (CD)Its's A Fine DayOcho 2002
Cherry Red Archive Series - Part Two (CD, Comp, Enh)It's A Fine Day, It's ...Cherry Red 2003
Ambition - Volumes 1 & 2 - The History Of Cherry Red Records 1978 – 1988 (2xCD, Album)It's A Fine DayCherry Red 2005
Beloved (CD)

No comments:

Post a Comment