Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sisters

I have been following the news on Natasha Richardson avidly since I first heard about it yesterday. I worked with her sister Joely at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in 1986. Joely is the same age as my sister Pam would have been 44. We have now lost our sisters to death within a year of each other. Joely is now in the same boat. Life is so weird to me now. You carry on but every second of your experience seems odd. Now Vanessa Redgrave, who is the same age as my mother, has to grieve and be in so much pain. It hurts and hurts and leaves a gaping hole. Nothing will ever be the same again. I will always have my head turned by tragic accidents now until the day I die. I wonder now regularly how I will die and when.

1 comment:

  1. And then she lost her sister and brother all in one year! Ooooh..

    ReplyDelete