Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis wondrous strange indeed..


A few months after Pam's accident Ron and I started watching anything we could lay our hands on about the Afterlife.  It was comforting.  My friend Terry introduced me to her meditation class too.  I went there with her once a week.  She thought it might help with the pain.  And it did for a while.  But one night I told the leader I had been overdosing on this afterlife material and she said, "You know the Buddha said all that is a waste of time as we don't know.  You'd be better to concentrate on your suffering in the here and now."  I wish I'd said what I wanted to say in that here and now moment which was, "Fuck the Buddha!"

HORATIO

Oh day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

HAMLET

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.






2 comments:

  1. Have you heard about or seen the new film "Hereafter"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We went to see it on Pam's birthday. Cried my eyes out. I was very struck by it even though it's not one of Clint's best in my opinion...the tsunami scene..how did they film that?! I kept wondering why he'd chosen this material. Anyway we wanted to see another film but it had stopped playing so we saw this film instead... and it felt right.

    ReplyDelete