Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Little Prince

In about oooh 1988/89 I was in a production of The Little Prince at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre. I played a Rose and a Fox. Pam came to see it. She particularly liked my Rose. I'm going to write the story of this sometime. Oh did we giggle. She liked my Fox too and bought me a toy fox soon after which I still have.

I think about this story from time to time and the fact that it was written by a pilot.  This pilot, Antoine St Exupery disappeared whilst flying his plane.  The last Christmas before the accident I bought Pam's husband Keith one of his books called Night Flight.  Keith was learning to fly planes, that's how my sister died.  The instructor and Pam and Keith all died.  Like with Antoine St Exupery no one knows what happened.  He once said, "Only the unknown frightens men.  But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known."

No comments:

Post a Comment